- 1/2 pound, plus 1 teaspoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and rough chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt 1/2 pound of the butter in a saucepan and then transfer to a mixing bowl along with the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
Sift together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture and then fold the chips and nuts into the dough. Once the dough is well blended, grease a 9-inch square baking pan with the remaining butter and dust with the 1 tablespoon of flour. Spoon the batter into the pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set yet still moist.
Let cool on a rack briefly before serving. Serve blondies warm or at room temperature.