- 4 plain bagels
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon Essence 
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, very carefully slice the bagels as thinly as possible, getting 8 to 10 slices per bagel. Spread in 1 layer on the prepared sheets.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. When oil starts to get warm, about 1 minute, remove from the heat and add the garlic and Essence. Let sit until the garlic perfumes the oil, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oil.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush the oil on the bagel chips. Bake until golden brown. Turn and bake on the second side until just crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- Serve with dips or schmeers of your choice.