- 2 teaspoons finely crushed white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 8 cups finely crushed ice
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 dozen freshly shucked oysters on the half-shell
- Combine the pepper, salt, wine, olive oil, and shallots in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Put 2 cups of the ice in each of 4 shallow rimmed soup bowls and press down gently to make a level bed. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the kosher salt over each bowl of ice. Place 6 oysters in their shells on each bed and spoon an equal amount of the sauce over each. Serve.
- Pair with: Marquis de Goulaine Muscadet