- 3 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries and blueberries, well rinsed and dried
- Combine the juice, sugar, and orange peel in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook to a thick syrup, and reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Add the butter and almond extract and whisk to combine. Add berries and remove from the heat. Let cool slightly before serving with pancakes.