- 12 chicken thighs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 lemons, quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Spaghetti Bordelaise 
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and lightly coat with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Crush half of the garlic cloves with the back of a heavy knife. Leave the remaining cloves whole.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil in a roasting pan large enough to hold the chicken in 1 layer, over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides. Add the crushed garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to evenly distribute. Cover the pan tightly and roast for 1 hour. Uncover and roast until the chicken is brown and tender, and the garlic is caramelized, about 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer the chicken to a platter and sprinkle with the parsley. Spoon the pan juices over the chicken, or serve on the side.