- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock or shrimp stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened cream of coconut
- Heat the oil in a heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, shallots, and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the rice, stir to coat with the oil, and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetable stock, coconut milk, sweetened cream of coconut, salt, and pepper, and bring to a light boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve hot with the Poached Grouper.