- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Oil, for griddle
- Sour Cream, as accompaniment
- Lingonberry jam, as accompaniment
- Preheat a Swedish pancake pan (round, cast-iron pan with shallow 3-inch indentations for pancakes) over medium heat.
- Beat the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the milk mixture, stirring to make a thin batter, being careful not to over mix. Fold in the melted butter.
- Grease each round cup in the pan with oil. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into each of the greased cups and cook until bubbles form on the top, about 1 minute. Turn with a spatula and cook on the second side until golden, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with sour cream, or lingonberry jam.