- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cups passion fruit concentrate
- 1 mango, peeled, seed removed and sliced
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup of water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow let cool. Whisk in the buttermilk and passion fruit puree. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 3 hours.
- Process in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's instructions. Place in a plastic container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, scoop the sherbert into tall, frosted martini glasses and garnish with mango slices.