- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 fresh jalapenos, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds and all
- 1 fresh poblano, coarsely chopped, stems, seeds and all
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Combine all of the ingredients except the garlic in a medium, heavy saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the garlic, remove from heat, and cool to room temperature. When the mixture is cool, pour into the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse several times until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container, and refrigerate, tightly covered, for 7 days before using.