- 1 pound celery root, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the celery root in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pears and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until thick and the pears fall apart. Remove from the heat.
- Return the drained celery root and pears to a food processor. Add the cream and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and puree until smooth. Season with the nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.