- 1 head red leaf lettuce, separated into leaves, rinsed and patted dry, torn into large pieces
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves, rinsed and patted dry, torn into large pieces
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, wiped dry, stems trimmed, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot rings
- 1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes, well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the red leaf and Bibb lettuces. Add the sliced mushrooms, shallot rings, and tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the honey, mustard and vinegar. Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, and whisk until all the oil is added and the mixture is emulsified. Add the salt and whisk together. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, to taste, adding about 1 tablespoon at a time. Sprinkle with pepper, and serve immediately.