- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Essence, plus more for dusting turkey 
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, or canned chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 pound) boneless, skinless turkey breast (a 6-pound breast may be halved)
- 1/2 pound Linguica Sausage 
- Buttered Egg Noodles 
- In a medium skillet over medium-high, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil and, when hot, add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, scallions, Essence, and chicken broth, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Add the melted butter, bread crumbs, parsley, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper, and cayenne pepper, and mix well. Transfer to a mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place turkey breast half on a flat work surface covered with plastic wrap and, using a sharp knife, cut a deep slit all the way down one side, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Fold the flap of turkey outward so that the breast resembles an open book. Place a second piece of plastic wrap on top of the turkey, then use a meat cleaver or other heavy object to pound the breast to a uniform 1/2-inch thickness.
- Season the inside of the turkey breast with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and Essence, to taste. Spread the breadcrumb mixture over the top of the breast to within 1/2-inch of the edges. Place the sausage link lengthwise over the stuffing. Carefully fold one edge of the breast over the top of the sausage, and repeat with the other side so the breast can be rolled into a neat parcel. Tie at 1-inch intervals with kitchen twine. Rub the outside of the turkey breast with the 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then season with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet over high heat. When hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and when hot, sear the stuffed turkey breast, turning occasionally to brown on all sides, about 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until juices run clear and the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Remove the kitchen twine, slice into 1/2-inch slices, and serve with buttered egg noodles.