- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thickly sliced
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Drizzle the tomatoes and onion with oil. Place on the grill and cook until the skin of the tomato blackens and the onions begin to brown and soften. Remove from the grill and roughly chop. Add remaining ingredients. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.