- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cracker meal or breadcrumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 hamburger buns, split in half crosswise and lightly toasted
- Homemade Tartar Sauce 
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced vine-ripened tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, onions, bell peppers and celery with the beaten egg. Add 1 teaspoon of the Essence, the salt, cayenne, green onions, parsley and baking powder and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and form into 6 patties.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cracker meal with the remaining teaspoon Essence. One at a time, dredge the patties on both sides to lightly coat.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp patties in batches and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, spread the insides of each toasted bun with tartar sauce, place a patty on the bottom half of the bun, dress with lettuce and tomatoes, and top with the other bun half. Serve hot.