- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water until halfway cooked, about eight minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the apple cider, brown sugar, butter, nutmeg, and cloves. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Add the sweet potatoes and reduce heat to simmer. Cook five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cranberries and continue cooking until the liquid is reduced to a syrupy glaze and the sweet potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.