- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cup corn syrup
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 3 eggs plus 3 additional egg yolks
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a heavy nonreactive saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves and turns smooth and light brown.
- Remove from the heat and pour into 2-quart soufflé dish or Pyrex pie plate.
- Add the remaining ingredients into blender and mix for 2 minutes or until well blended. (Make sure to scrape down the sides of the blender with a flexible spatula several times during the process.)
- Place the soufflé dish in a high-sided baking pan and fill the pan with enough near-boiling water to reach halfway up the dish's side. Bake for 70 to 80 minutes, or until the custard sets and a knife inserted in the custard's center comes out clean. Let cool, and then refrigerate for a least 6 hours. When ready to serve, use a thin knife to loosen the custard around the edges of the dish, then invert onto a chilled pie plate or concave platter. Cut into wedges and serve.