- 3/4 cup seeded, ground green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup seeded, ground hot peppers
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- Combine the green and red peppers, sugar, and vinegar in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Boil six minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the pectin and boil 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the pot from the heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Working quickly, pour hot jelly into hot sterilized jars leaving º-inch headspace in each jar. Wipe the jar rims with a clean cloth. Cover the jars at once with metal lids and screw on bands. Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.