- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- One-fourth teaspoon baking powder
- One-fourth teaspoon baking soda
- Two and three-fourths cups all-purpose flour
- One-half cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Juice and finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a large Bundt or tube pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the baking powder and baking soda, and mix to combine. Fold in the flour by cupfuls until just combined. Fold in the sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest, being careful not to over mix. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.