- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces soft goatís cheese
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 4 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, and stir in the cherry tomatoes.
- Spoon half of the tomatoes into a 2-quart baking dish and crumble half the goat cheese on top. Repeat with the remaining tomatoes and cheese.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and stirring, lightly fry the pine nuts and breadcrumbs until fragrant and light golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in half the Parmesan.
- Scatter the crumb mixture over the tomatoes and cheese and top with the remaining Parmesan. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.