- 4 quarts fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 packed cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cups apple cider vinegar
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot (not aluminum) and cook over medium heat until thick, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking. Pour boiling hot into hot pint jars leaving 1/4" space at the top of the jar.Wipe the edges of the jars with clean paper towels. Screw on the tops and process 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Remove from water with tongs and tighten caps when cool. Store in pantry or cupboard.
- Yields about 7 pints.