- One and one-half pounds fresh scallops
- 2 cups dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 pounds white button mushrooms, wiped clean, stemmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- One-half teaspoon salt
- One-half teaspoon dried marjoram
- Rinse the scallops in cool water and pat dry. In large nonstick skillet, simmer the scallops in the wine for 5 minutes. Remove scallops and set aside. Bring the liquid to a boil. Add the shallots and mushrooms. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add scallops, parsley, salt and marjoram.