- 2 pounds ripe Bing cherries
- 2 cups olallieberries, cleaned and stemmed (or substitute blackberries)
- One-half cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- CRISP TOPPING:
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into one-half-chunks
- Three-fourths cups packed brown sugar
- Two-thirds cup all-purpose flour
- One-half cup rolled oats
- One-fourth teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 2 to 2-1/2 quart baking dish. Make the Crisp Topping (See below) and set aside. Pit the cherries. Add the berries, sugar and flour and toss gently so as not to break the berries. Transfer the fruit mixture to the buttered baking dish and cover with the crisp topping. Place the baking dish on a baking sheet in oven (to catch any juices that might spill during cooking) and bake until the top is well browned and the cherries are tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
- CRISP TOPPING: Using your fingers or a mixer with the paddle attachment, work the butter with the rest of the ingredients so that each piece is coated and you have a coarse, crumbly mixture.