- 8 cups assorted salad greens, such as romaine, iceberg, bibb, red leaf, green leaf, watercress, mesclun, arugula, endive
- Remove and discard any wilted, brown, or discolored outer leaves from the greens.
- Place the greens on a cutting board and cut off the stems or cores with a knife.
- Fill a clean kitchen sink with cold water.
- Separate the leaves and place in the sinkful of water.
- Swirl the greens with your hands to remove any dirt or debris.
- Place the washed greens on a clean dish towel.
- In batches, dry the greens in a salad spinner. (If you donít have a salad spinner, simply place the leaves in a colander and allow them to drain.)
- Tear the greens with your hands into bite-size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl or decorative salad bowl. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add optional ingredients as desired, toss with dressing, and serve immediately.
- Optional Accompaniments: Carrot sticks or grated carrots, sliced celery, tomatoes, thinly sliced onion rings, peeled and sliced cucumber, chopped or sliced red or green bell pepper, croutons, grated or crumbled cheese, 3/4 cup dressing of choice
- These dressings are great on top of a green salad, as weíve suggested, but they also work well as dips for veggies and spreads for extra-special sandwiches. Be creative!
- TANGY VINAIGRETTE DRESSING  QUICK AND CREAMY HERB DRESSING  EASY FRENCH DRESSING