- 10 cups Best Basic Red Sauce or 
- store-bought pasta sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Baby Bam or Essence 
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pour the Best Basic Red Sauce into a large, heavy pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Place all the remaining meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir well with a long-handled wooden spoon to combine.
- Wash your hands, then roll 1 tablespoon of meat between them to form meatballs. Place meatballs on a plate as they are formed. (Hint: If your hands are slightly damp, the meatballs will roll more easily and will not stick to them!)
- When all the meatballs are shaped, wash your hands again and then gently place the balls into the sauce one by one, using the long-handled wooden spoon. Be careful -- bubbling sauce splatters!
- Simmer the sauce, uncovered, and allow the meatballs to rest undisturbed for 10 minutes before stirring. When the meatballs rise to the top, itís okay to stir.
- Stir the sauce and meatballs. Simmer for an additional 20 minutes and stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the sauce from the heat and serve immediately over cooked spaghetti.