- 1 (1-pound) bag baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all the ingredients in a medium, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and the sauce becomes a shiny glaze, about 15 minutes.
- Using an oven mitt or pot holder, remove from the heat and serve.
- Youíve probably heard that carrots are good for your eyes, but do you know why? Itís because they contain high amounts of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant believed to have numerous health benefits. In addition to providing large doses of vitamin A, beta-carotene works with the other nutrients present in carrots to help protect against cancer, boost immune systems, and contribute to healthy hearts! Eat up!