- 7 cups water
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Bacardi 151 or other high-proof golden rum
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the tea bags. Remove the pan from the heat, cover it, and allow the tea bags to steep for 5 minutes.
Remove and discard the tea bags. Add the sugar to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining 3 cups water and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a pitcher, and add the lemon juice and rum. Chill thoroughly before serving.
Serve over ice, in tall glasses garnished with mint sprigs.
- Source: The Emeril Lagasse Show: Episode 6 - Emeril's Heartland 
- Dish Type: Beverage/Alcoholic 
- Occasion: Any