- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Make sure the oven rack is in the center position.
- Line a 12-muffin tin with 12 paper baking cup liners.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, butter, and lemon zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the yogurt mixture, and whisk just until combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the blueberries into the batter, being careful not to overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven until puffed up and golden brown, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.