- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, about 22 inches long
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Baby Bam 
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a serrated bread knife, carefully cut the bread in half lengthwise. Lay the two halves of the bread cut side up on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together with a spatula.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly onto the cut sides of each loaf half.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the sheet from the oven.
- Carefully slice the bread diagonally and serve immediately.
- A garlic press is a wonderful toolóyou end up with very tiny pieces of fresh garlic without your even using a knife!