- EGG SALAD:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- PITA POCKETS:
- 3 pita bread rounds, each about 6 inches in diameter
- 1/4 cup Quick-and-Creamy Herb Dressing or 
- mayonnaise or store-bought ranch dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 1/2 cups egg salad (above)
- 2 tablespoons shelled roasted sunflower seeds
- EGG SALAD: Place the eggs, right out of the refrigerator, into a medium saucepan.
- Add cold water until the water is 1 inch higher than the eggs and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, set a kitchen timer for 10 minutes, and cook the eggs at a low boil for exactly 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, place it in the sink, drain the hot water, and run cold water over the eggs (still in the saucepan) until they are cool enough to handle.
- Peel the eggs.
- Place the eggs on a cutting board. Cut each egg in half, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place in a medium mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients, mashing with a fork to blend.
- Serve immediately in sandwiches or cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- PITA POCKETS: Preheat a toaster oven (or regular oven with rack set in the middle) to 350?F.
- Heat the pitas on a baking sheet until just warm and soft, about 3 minutes. Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Cut each pita round in half and spread 2 teaspoons of Quick-and-Creamy Herb Dressing (or mayonnaise or ranch dressing) inside each half.
- Cut the avocado into quarters lengthwise; peel and discard the pit.
- Cut each avocado quarter into 4 slices and place 3 slices inside each pita half.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the egg salad into each pita half and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of sunflower seeds.
- Add the optional ingredients, if desired, and serve.