- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place the bread on a cutting board or large plate.
- With a butter knife or other spreader, spread each slice with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter.
- Pour the sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and stir with a spoon to combine well.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar over each slice of bread to evenly coat.
- Place the prepared bread slices directly on the rack of a toaster oven and toast until golden brown and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Serve warm.
- Did you know that cinnamon comes from the inner bark of a tree?