- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, cracked into a small cup or saucer
- 1 cup peanut M&Mís
- 1/2 cup plain M&Mís
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and cream the ingredients on high speed.
- Add the vanilla and egg to the mixer and mix on medium speed.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the flour mixture and combine on low speed. Itís important to do this on low or youíll get flour all over the kitchen!
- Stop the mixer and, using a large spoon or rubber spatula, fold in both kinds of M&Mís.
- With a tablespoon, form the dough into balls, using about 2 spoonfuls for each.
- Divide the balls of dough among 3 large baking sheets and press to slightly flatten, keeping the cookies about 2 inches apart. You should get 8 cookies on each sheet.
- Bake in batches in the oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them with a plastic turner to wire racks to cool.