- 6 cups cooked Basic Rice 
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package bean sprouts, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the cooked Basic Rice out onto the prepared baking sheet and cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs and scramble, stirring constantly with a nonstick spoon or spatula. Break up the eggs into little pieces with the back of the spoon. Transfer the eggs to a bowl and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the remaining 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the yellow onion, bean sprouts, the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green onion, peas, celery, and garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add the cooled rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Return the scrambled eggs to the skillet and add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Using an oven mitt or pot holder, remove from the heat and serve immediately.