- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence, or Creole Seasoning
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a non-reactive saucepan over high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaves, Essence, red pepper and stock. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Transfer to a food processor or blender, and puree on high speed. With the motor running, add the remaining 1/4 cup of oil through the feed tube and process until smooth. Add the parsley and serve warm.