- 1 sponge cake (your can use a store bought or your favorite sponge cake recipe)
- One-half cup raspberry jam
- One-half cup sweet sherry
- 4 peaches, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- One-half cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup raspberries
- Spread the cake with jam. Cut into one-inch cubes and arrange them in a large, decorative bowl. Pour the sherry over cake and cover with the peaches. In a saucepan, combine the milk and cornstarch. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add the vanilla and sugar; stir until thickened (like pudding). Remove from heat, and let cool. Pour the cooled pudding over cake in bowl. Sprinkle the top with the almonds.
- Spread the whipped topping over the almonds and top with the berries.