- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- One 4.5-ounce can macadamia nuts (about 1 cup)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Put the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water over medium heat. Stirring, melt the chocolate, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the nuts and shake the pan often to lightly toast them, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the nuts to the chocolate and cook, stirring the mixture often, until the chocolate is completely melted and the nuts are well coated, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula over the bottom, making a one-fourth-inch layer. Cool. Refrigerate until it sets, about 2 hours. Break it into pieces, like peanut brittle. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 2 weeks.