- 1 head Bibb lettuce, cored and leaves separated, washed and spun dry
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes (about 4 ounces each), sliced
- 3/4 pound fresh hearts of palm, trimmed, poached, and cut into quarters lengthwise, or 1 (14-
- ounce) can hearts of palm, rinsed and patted dry, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 3 pounds medium stone crab claws (about 20)
- Avocado-Buttermilk Dressing 
- Overlap the lettuce leaves on each of 4 large plates. Fan out the sliced tomatoes in the center of the lettuce and arrange the hearts of palm spears in spokes. Place the stone crab claws in the center of the tomatoes and drizzle with the dressing to taste.