- Three-fourths cup unbleached flour
- One-fourth teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Three-fourths cup whole-wheat flour
- One-half cup unprocessed bran
- Two and one-half teaspoons baking powder
- One-half cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Two-thirds cup concentrated apple juice
- 1 large apple or 2 small ones, cored and chopped
- These muffins can also be baked in a 9x13 inch pan and cut into bars. The best apples to use are Fuji or Gala. These apples are usually smaller, so you may want to use two.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the flour, nutmeg, whole-wheat flour, bran, baking powder, and cinnamon in a food processor or blender and process until blended. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Combine the eggs, apple juice, apple and walnuts in a bowl.
- Add to dry mixture and mix until well moistened. Fill a nonstick 12-muffin tin that has been sprayed with a nonstick spray or lined with paper baking cups. Bake 20 minutes.