- 2 eggs or one-half cup egg substitute
- 2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- One-half cup sugar
- Three-fourths cup dried apricots, chopped
- One-half teaspoon salt
- One-half teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- One-half cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the egg substitute, buttermilk, and vanilla together in a bowl and set aside. Combine the dry ingredients, except the walnuts, in another bowl. Add the egg-milk mixture and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a 10-inch Bundt pan or a large loaf pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour. Turn onto a wire rack and cool before serving.