- 1 pound dry curd cottage cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- One-half cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup dark cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the cottage cheese and fat-free cream cheese until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the cherry pie filling, and process until all is blended.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with a nonstick spray. Take a 12-inch square of parchment or wax paper and line the pan. (The spray helps to adhere the paper to the pan.)
- Fill the springform pan with the cheesecake mixture. Place the pan in a large roasting pan and pour enough hot water around the springform pan to come up about one inch. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool, then refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours. (It’s best when chilled for 24 hours.)
- Cut the cheesecake in wedges and place on a dessert plates. Top each wedge with equal amounts of the pie filling.