- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- One-half teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- Two-thirds cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- One-fourth teaspoon lemon oil or one-half teaspoon lemon extract
- One-half teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- One and one-half teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put graham cracker crumbs, allspice, and lemon peel in a food processor or blender and process until well mixed. Melt the butter and slowly pour into the graham cracker crumbs while the motor is running.
- Transfer the crumbs to a 9-inch pie plate that has been sprayed with a nonstick spray, and press down with fingertips to distribute evenly. Bake for 10 minutes and cool before filling.
- Put the cottage cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour the mixture into the graham cracker pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, combine the topping ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Remove the pie from the oven and spread the topping mixture evenly over the top. Return to the oven and continue baking for 10 minutes longer. Remove the cake from the oven and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. (It's best to chill for 24 hours.)