- 1 pound dry curd cottage cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages light cream cheese or Neufchatel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 8 ounces egg substitute
- One-fourth cup European process cocoa
- One-fourth cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Start by pulsing until all are blended together. Process until very smooth, about 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a bowl, leaving one and one-half cups in the processor.
- Add the cocoa powder, sugar and instant coffee to the processor and process until well blended.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with a nonstick spray. Take a 12-inch square of parchment or wax paper and line the pan. (The spray helps to adhere the paper to pan.) Fill the springform pan with half of the plain cheesecake mixture, then pour the chocolate mixture on top. Follow with another layer of the remaining plain mixture. With the back side of a spoon, go back and forth in an S motion to give the marble effect.
- Place the pan in a large roasting pan and pour enough hot water around the springform pan to come up by one inch. Bake 45 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool, cover and refrigerate 24 hours.