- 1 pound dry curd cottage cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages light cream cheese or Neufchatel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 8 ounces egg substitute
- Optional: fresh fruit or fruit preserves
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Put all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Start by pulsing until all ingredients are blended together. Process until very smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with a nonstick spray. Take a 12-inch square of parchment or wax paper and line the pan. (The spray helps to adhere the paper to the pan.)
- Fill the springform pan with cheesecake mixture. Place the pan in a large roasting pan and pour enough hot water around the springform pan to come up by one inch. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven. Cool, cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- To serve, garnish the top with your favorite fruit or fruit spread.