- 1/2 pound fresh pasta sheets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3/4 pound assorted baby vegetables, (such as patty pans, zucchini, peppers, carrots, button shiitakes, etc.) sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups (packed) fresh spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- Drizzle of White Truffle Oil
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 1 small fresh truffle, optional
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Tear the pasta into small 1 inch pieces. Add the pasta to the water. Cook until the pasta is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the pasta thoroughly. Toss the pasta with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the remaining olive oil. Add the corn. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the baby vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and spinach. Continue to sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Toss the pasta with the vegetables, drizzle of truffle oil and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, mound the pasta in the center of four plates. Sprinkle each pile of pasta with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Garnish each with the shaved truffles and parsley.
- Yields: 4 servings