- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, tapioca, milk and egg. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and chocolate to saucepan and cook over medium heat until pudding comes to a full boil, stirring continually to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and rum.
- Cool for 20 minutes. Stir for creamy texture.
- Serve warm or chilled.