- 4 (9-in.) bamboo skewers
- 16 to 20 large shrimp (about 1 lb), peeled and deveined, leaving tail shell intact
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse-cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (1-lb) ripe mango, pitted, peeled, cut into 1/4-in.-dice
- 1/4 cup each diced red bell pepper and finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper, or less according to taste
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 1/2 hour. Thread 5 shrimp onto each skewer,threading each shrimp through the tail end and then again through the head end; arrange on a large plate. In small bowl, whisk oil, cilantro,lime juice, garlic, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and chili powder until combined; rub over shrimp. Marinate 30 minutes, in refrigerator, turning once.
Prepare an outdoor grill or preheat stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill shrimp 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes per side until just cooked through (shrimp will be just barely opaque in thickest part when cut with a knife). Serve with salsa.
For the Mango Salsa: In medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Let stand at room temperature while shrimp are marinating.