- 3 ounces unsalted butter, cut into 1-tablespoon pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Nocello, or other nut-flavored liqueur such as Frangelico
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, toasted walnuts
- Butter a large baking sheet (10-by 12-inches) with 1 tablespoon of the butter, and set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan over low-heat, add the remaining butter, sugar, water, coarsely chopped walnuts, Nocello and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar, until the mixture reaches the soft-crack stage, or 270°F.
- Pour the candy onto the buttered sheet pan and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. As the chocolate melts, spread them evenly over the top of the candy with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the finely chopped walnuts over the chocolate, and let the candy cool before breaking into uneven pieces.