- 1 quart Chicken consomme
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 8 (1/4-inch thick) slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Bring the chicken consomme to a simmer. Sprinkle the tapioca flour into the consomme and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain. Lay the bread slice out onto a baking sheet. Brush the bread with olive oil and top with the parmesan cheese. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the consomme with 2 of the cheese croutes on top.