- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons powdered wasabi
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- Two 14-ounce cans hearts of palm, drained and dried on paper towels
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl whisk together the rice wine vinegar, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, wasabi and crushed red pepper. Add the avocado and crabmeat and stir gently to combine.
Add the flour to a shallow container. Roll the hearts of palm in the flour and lightly coat. Working in two batches, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet and when hot but not smoking, sauté half of the hearts of palm until crispy and golden brown, turning occasionally with tongs to ensure even browning, about 6 minutes. Remove the hearts of palm from the skillet and set aside to drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining hearts of palm. Cut the on the bias into 1/2-inch thick slices. Divide the slices between 6 salad plates and decoratively arrange. Top each arrangement with the crab and avocado salad, and serve immediately.