- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon, about 1 tablespoon
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon caper juice, optional
- 2 large fresh lobsters, steamed, tail and claw meat removed, discard shells
- 1/2 pint red teardrop or small pear tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 pint yellow teardrop or small pear tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh chervil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
Fried Green Tomatoes
- 2 large green tomatoes, cored and ends removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup vegetable oil
In a blender, combine the egg, mustard, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Blend on high until smooth. With the blender running, slowing add enough oil until the mixture is thick. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine half of the mayonnaise (reserve remaining mayonnaise for another use), shallots, garlic, and tarragon. Mix well. Roughly chop the capers and add to the mayonnaise mixture. Add the caper juice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Chop the lobster meat and add to the mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Slice each tomato 1/4-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. In a large cast-iron skillet, over medium heat, add the oil. Dredge the tomato slices in the flour mixture, coating both sides completely. When the oil is hot, pan-fry the tomatoes until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the tomatoes and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the fried tomatoes in the center of each serving plate. Mound the Lobster Salad in the center of the fried tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with the tear drop tomatoes, chervil, and parsley.