- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup lavender honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh apricots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Shaker confectionersí sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Grease an oval oven-proof dish about 13 inches long, with the butter. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and honey. Scrape the vanilla bean and add the pulp to the egg mixture. Stir in the butter, brandy and flour. Whisk in the milk to form a smooth batter.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the apricots with the sugar. Place the apricots in the oven-proof dish.
- Pour the batter over the apricots and place in the oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is sponge-like. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the clafouti warm with a scoop of the ice cream. Garnish with almonds and confectionersí sugar.